Texting while driving creates a crash risk 23 times higher
than driving while not distracted.
Texting While Driving is responsible for:
• 1,600,000 accidents per year – National Safety Council
• 330,000 injuries per year – Harvard Center for Risk Analysis Study
• 11 teen deaths EVERY DAY – Ins. Institute for Hwy Safety Fatality Facts
• Nearly 25% of ALL car accidents
Texting While Driving Is:
• About 6 times more likely to cause an accident than driving intoxicated
• The same as driving after 4 beers – National Hwy Transportation Safety Administration.
• The number ONE driving distraction reported by teen drivers
Texting While Driving:
• Makes you 23X more likely to crash – National Hwy Transportation Safety Admin.
• Is the same as driving blind for 5 seconds at a time – VA. Tech Transportation Institute
• Takes place by 800,000 drivers at any given time across the country
• Slows your brake reaction speed by 18% – Human Factors & Ergonomics Society
Show your friends and family that you're a text free driver and support safer, text free roads
by wearing your texting thumb bands and wrist bands! CLICK HERE!
This resource educates the public and supports legislation and new technological solutions for driving responsibly. Learn More